Skip to main content

ICS- June 2026 - Fabulous Folders


Today I am excited to play along with the ICS team and share our love of Embossing Folders!  Who doesn't love embossing folders.   


Today I have a fub technique to share using the embossing folders!  THE BLACKOUT technique.  As you can see the results are stunning! 


Start by embossing your cardstock using your favorite embossing folder!  On the debossing side color your images with Blends. You can see you don't have to be overly neat. 

Choose your "Blackout Color" on swipe your ink pad over your embossed image.  The ink mainly highlights the un-embossed areas of the image creating the "blackout" effect. 


You can even use this technique without coloring..  Below you can see one image colored and the other I just left the cardstock plain. 


Have you tried this technique?   Do you Love it? 


Hop along with us for more Inspiration! 








Comments

Deb Naylor said…
Pretty I love this technique, and I am so glad you showed it! Thanks for joining us this month!
Great technique...it has been a while since I did this one. Great card!
Debbi said…
Another Embossing Folder technique I had not seen before. Love the cards and will definitely have to give it a try!
Maureen said…
wow - that is striking! TFS
Lisa Kmiec said…
Great cards! I really need to try this technique. Your results are stunning!

Popular posts from this blog

Dare 2B Artzy and Karen Burniston Die Blog Hop

Welcome to the KB Riley - Karen Burniston Dies and Dare 2B Artzy Collaboration Blog Hop! Our Design Team members are excited to share their inspiring creations using some of the fabulous products from both of these companies. To celebrate our blog hop we have four great prizes to give away. You will have the chance to win one of two $25 Gift Certificates to use on the KB Riley - Karen Burniston Dies website or one of two $25 Gift Certificates to use on the Dare 2B Artzy web site. Make sure you join the hop and comment on everyone's blog post for your chance to win one of these prizes. Winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on ALL THE POSTS received by Friday 26th June 2020. Here is the line-up  be sure to comment on all the blogs for a chance to win! Dare 2B Artzy - http://blog.dare2bartzy.com/artzy-fun-with-karen-burniston-pop-up-dies/ Lois Bak - https://clownmomcreations.blogspot.com/2020/06/karen-burniston-dare2bartzy-blog-hop.html Kendra Sand - https://luv2scra...

Thoughtful Journey Peaceful Pier

   Greetings my crafty friends!  This week I will be featuring cards suitable for the men in our life!  Or at least they will be more gender neutral!  And on  tomorrow June 11th, the ICS Team will feature a blog hop with the theme Its a Guy Thing!   So stay tuned for lots of inspiration!  This card features the Peaceful Pier stamp set.   I stamped images from the set onto designer papers from the Thoughtful Journey collection.   I love that the paper adds so much to these stamps!   Product List Peaceful Pier Cling Stamp Set (English) [ 165331 ] Thoughtful Journey 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 163303 ] Add All to Cart

Dare 2 B Artzy Spring 3D Blog Hop

Welcome to Dare 2B Artzy 's Blog Hop!! Who's excited for Spring?! Here are D2BA we are super excited for some sun shiny days and warm weather! To celebrate we decided to have a Spring 3D Themed Blog Hop!!  We are super excited to have two Guest Designers joining us for this hop!! You should have arrived here from  Michelle  's  blog!  If you haven't and would like to hop along with us, please go back to the Dare 2B Artzy Blog to start at the beginning! Be sure to follow each blog and leave comments along the way for your chance at winning !  We will randomly choose a winner from one of the blogs, so the more you comment, the more chances you have to win!! Winner will receive a stamp set and ink pad of their choice!! Blog Hop will end Sunday, April 30th at 7:00pm Eastern.  We will then post a winner!! Hop Order: Dare 2B Artzy Kendra Vicki Karen Vicki  - April GDT Tasha Leslie Melody Michelle - May...