Skip to main content

Burlap Reindeer Ornament- Chrismas in July

Today I am sharing this ornament I created for Blank Page Muse Stamps and the Christmas in July Blog Hop!  I decided to create an ornament.  I admit I was tempted to rush out to purchase a  "ornament" to cover with stamped images.  But once I took a deep breath I decided to play and have fun , I created my own!  and I LOVE the results!

 To re-create this tag you will need
Blank Page Muse  - Classic Christmas Art  
Canvas Corp Brands - Burlap
Canvas Corp Brands-Corrugated paper
Flower sprig
Canvas Corp Brands Jute
pompom
Ranger glitter
Stickles- red
Distress Markers
Multi media glue
Archival Ink

 Start by cutting a  scrap of burlap into tag with a flap for hanging.  Fold over flap to create a "pocket" to and string for hanging.






Stamp the reindeer with Archival Ink.  Color image with Watercolor markers and a water brush.
Adhere reindeer to corrugated paper and add glitter to "snowy" area of stamped image.
Add reindeer piece to tag. 
Add piece of Silver sprig, jute bow and pompom.  Add jute to hang ornament and finish reindeer with a drop of red glitter glue onto his nose! 
Here is a close up of the finished project! 

Be sure to follow along with the Blog Hop to see everyone amazing creations! 

Psychotic Ramblings of a Serial Scrapper https://ole682000.blogspot.com/2019/07/burlap-reindeer-ornament-chrismas-in.html YOU ARE HERE!
Kelly Parker Designs
Juli Loves Paper
Nelly’s Artistic Creations https://youtu.be/8Bp2BPcs_6E

Comments

Such a beautiful tag!!!
LynneJ said…
What a great tag-I love the variety of textures you've combined!
Suzette Hussey said…
I love the burlap! Such beautiful work!
Cathy F said…
Ooooo - adore those textures! 🤩
What a cool make! Love that you used multiple textures!
This is adorable! Love burlap for Christmas!
Kelly Parker said…
so cool! they would make great gift tags too!!
cghundley said…
Looks lovely and
easy to make.
Carla from Utah
Mary Ann Fry said…
Love your festive tag!
You can't go wrong with burlap and cardboard! Love that combo on your tag and how you cut the burlap to make it hangable! I really like this ornament idea and could see giving it a go for a bunch of them on a mini tree.
Oh I love burlap ! Thanks for such a Great Opportunity ♡
Hello dear you made very beautiful tag,nicely define the Christmas theme in simple way...love the idea

Hugs xoxo
Rituparna
Anindita bose said…
Very simple yet beautiful and unique creation to suit the theme...loved it

Popular posts from this blog

Dare 2B Artzy and Karen Burniston Die Blog Hop

Welcome to the KB Riley - Karen Burniston Dies and Dare 2B Artzy Collaboration Blog Hop! Our Design Team members are excited to share their inspiring creations using some of the fabulous products from both of these companies. To celebrate our blog hop we have four great prizes to give away. You will have the chance to win one of two $25 Gift Certificates to use on the KB Riley - Karen Burniston Dies website or one of two $25 Gift Certificates to use on the Dare 2B Artzy web site. Make sure you join the hop and comment on everyone's blog post for your chance to win one of these prizes. Winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on ALL THE POSTS received by Friday 26th June 2020. Here is the line-up  be sure to comment on all the blogs for a chance to win! Dare 2B Artzy - http://blog.dare2bartzy.com/artzy-fun-with-karen-burniston-pop-up-dies/ Lois Bak - https://clownmomcreations.blogspot.com/2020/06/karen-burniston-dare2bartzy-blog-hop.html Kendra Sand - https://luv2scra...

Thoughtful Journey Peaceful Pier

   Greetings my crafty friends!  This week I will be featuring cards suitable for the men in our life!  Or at least they will be more gender neutral!  And on  tomorrow June 11th, the ICS Team will feature a blog hop with the theme Its a Guy Thing!   So stay tuned for lots of inspiration!  This card features the Peaceful Pier stamp set.   I stamped images from the set onto designer papers from the Thoughtful Journey collection.   I love that the paper adds so much to these stamps!   Product List Peaceful Pier Cling Stamp Set (English) [ 165331 ] Thoughtful Journey 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 163303 ] Add All to Cart

Dare 2 B Artzy Spring 3D Blog Hop

Welcome to Dare 2B Artzy 's Blog Hop!! Who's excited for Spring?! Here are D2BA we are super excited for some sun shiny days and warm weather! To celebrate we decided to have a Spring 3D Themed Blog Hop!!  We are super excited to have two Guest Designers joining us for this hop!! You should have arrived here from  Michelle  's  blog!  If you haven't and would like to hop along with us, please go back to the Dare 2B Artzy Blog to start at the beginning! Be sure to follow each blog and leave comments along the way for your chance at winning !  We will randomly choose a winner from one of the blogs, so the more you comment, the more chances you have to win!! Winner will receive a stamp set and ink pad of their choice!! Blog Hop will end Sunday, April 30th at 7:00pm Eastern.  We will then post a winner!! Hop Order: Dare 2B Artzy Kendra Vicki Karen Vicki  - April GDT Tasha Leslie Melody Michelle - May...