01 February 2017

Winter Blues


Today I am excited to share my take on this month's Canvas Corp. Brands challenge. 

This challenge might not fit those of you who has summer in February - you might think... But maybe you dream of visiting a cold country, or maybe you have done that already. Or you could be inspired by the colors in the moodboard. 

I decided to play along with the colors and the theme.




I love all the textures going on in this layout. I started off with a Canvas Corp Brands C Flute Kraft paper.   I slightly inked the edges using Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Ink.  

I cut a my Canvas Corp Brands Blue and Ivory Ticking paper to 10 1/2 inches square.  I then added a 6 x 10 1/2 inch piece of the Canvas Corp Brands Blue and Ivory Dot Reverse aprroximately 1 1/2 inches from the bottom of the Blue and Ivory Ticking paper. I edged the Reverse Dot paper with Canvas Corp Brands Jute Cord , and then added my double matted photo and added my journaling strips. 

To create the large snowflake,  I cut a scrap of Canvas Corp Brands Canvas Fabric and ran it through my Big Shot machine with my Sizzix Tim Holtz snowflake die.  I then spritzed the snowflake with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist

While the snowflake was drying I went to work on creating my reindeer. Using my Big Shot again I die cut the reindeer from CCB Burlap Fabric .  Just a hint adhere your burlap to a piece of cardstock with spray adhesive before running it through your die cut machine so that the shape doesn't fall apart. I layered the snowflake and the reindeer and then added a jute bow and placed them on the lower left side of my photo. 

 I punched my banner flag from the same cardstock I used to mat my photo using my Paper Studio Banner/Triangle punch.  I punched some little snowflakes with my Martha Stewart snowflake punch.  I actually punch these from scraps of the Blue and Ivory papers, since the back side of these papers are ivory!  A Perfect color match! After punching them out I spritzed them with the Pearl Glimmer mist and once they were dried I added them to my banner.  

I strung my jute across my layout using my CCB Small Clothespins add added my banner flags, finishing off the banner with jute bows.

I then added some Doodlebug Sequins as accents. 

I hope you are inspired to get creating and join in with the Canvas Corp Brands Challenge.  Hop on over to their Blog to play along. 




No comments:

Meandering Meadows Panel Card

  Today I am sharing this Panel Card I created with Meandering Meadows from Stampin' Up!.  These papers are so stunning! The 6x6 paper s...