24 August 2016

Lake Watercolor

Lake WM

Today I am excited to share with you this watercolor card I created with Dare 2 B Artzy Stamps.

To create this card I started out by stamping the dock from the Dare 2B Artzy On the Dock set with Dare 2B Artzy Chocolate Chip ink onto watercolor paper.

I then broke out my Tim Holtz Distress Markers (Old Paper and Frayed Burlap) and added some lines with the brush tip.

You can see it doesn't look fancy just some marker lines.  I then blended the marker lines with my waterbrush. As you can see it blended so pretty.  Just like wood!


I then colored the water on the bottom 1/3 of my card by using my Tim Holtz markers again (Weathered Wood) and a water brush.  This time I colored my marker onto my craft sheet and used the waterbrush to pick up the ink and just "painted on the color.  Remember it doesn't have to be perfect. Watercolors have lots of shades.

I then painted some hills in the back ground using the same technique mixing ink colors from 3 different markers - Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, and Pine Needles.  Remember, you are going for subtle.  Let the ""eye" do the work of putting together the image! You can see its nothing fancy or too perfect below!

I then added painted the sky with my Stormy Sky Tim Holtz Marker and the water brush. I decided that my sky looked to dark so I added a sunset.  I started by adding a sun using the Wild Honey Distress Marker.  I then blended ink from several Distress markers ( Victorian Velvet and Ripe Persimmon) to add the sunset colors.


I Then die cut 3 cattails using the Dare 2B Artzy Cat tail die and Kraft Card stock.  I "colored" the die cuts using my Vintage Photo, Weathered Wood and Shabby Shutters Markers.  You can see what a difference it makes!

I added the cattails in the lower left corner.  I then double-matted the water colored image on the Artzy Doodles paper and added it to my card. I stamped my greeting from the Restore the Soul set with Totally Black ink and matted the greeting on the Artzy Doodles paper. I added a doodled border around my matted piece to finish off my card.

I hope you enjoyed this project!

No comments:

Stampin' Up! Sentimental Rose Card Kit alternate Creations - Part 3

  Welcome crafty stampers to today's Craft Room Therapy.  Today I am going to share 3 of the 10 additional cards I created using the Se...