01 June 2016

Dream Art Journal Page

IMG_2197

  Hello! Today I would like to share with you a page from my art journal! I use my art journal to try out different techniques and to record inspirational quotes for myself!

 To start this page I first applied gesso to my entire journal page. I then stamped the "to catch your Dream" sentiment, the dream catcher and the feathers with Versamark, and then embossed with white embossing powder. I then added lots of gelatos to color the background.  (for reference I used yellow, metallic grey, metallic blueberry, iced pear, metallic melon, metallic mint, and metallic icing)

 I blended all the colors with a baby wipe. I kept adding and blending colors until I was satisfied with the background. I then stamped the Dream Big sentiment using Dare 2B Artzy's Totally Black Ink.   I will tell you if I had to do this part over again I would stamp and emboss with black ink before I applied the gelatos, as gelatos are slippery to stamp on!!  I then added my "hand" written quote. I hope you enjoyed this project and are inspired to create something just for yourself!

No comments:

Stampin' Up! Sentimental Rose Card Kit Additional Cards Part 1

  Welcome crafty stampers to today's Craft Room Therapy.  Today I am sharing 3 of the 10 additional cards I created using the Sentiment...