17 June 2016

Butterfly Canvas


Hello!  Today I would like to share this canvas I created using Dare 2B Artzy Stamps and Artzy Doodle Papers! I started this project using a premade made (as in the text was already added) canvas that I picked up at Michaels. I first stamped the flower from the Tangle Jumpstart set a couple of times on scrap paper.  I cut those stamped images out to create some masks to use while stamping on my canvas. I then stamped the Flower from the Tangle Jumpstart onto my canvas, masking the flowers as needed to create the background. I chose to use Archival Ink since I knew I was going to be using some very wet watercolor inks.  I then painted my flowers using ColourArte's Twinkling H2Os.  I chose the Twinkling H2Os because they add transparent color that allowed that text to show through! Here is a close up of the flowers.
IMG_2204

  While my watercolors were still wet I added splatters of color all over the canvas.  I added my sentiment which was printed on piece of cardstock with decopage. I then used a small butterfly punch to punch the butterflies out from the Artzy Doodles papers! I folded each butterfly and adhered only the "body" of the butterflies to give the appearance of flight.  I added a few touches of glass bead paste through a Crafter's Workshop stencil just to add a bit of clear, sparkly texture.  I hope you enjoyed this project!

2 comments:

blbabe1234 said...

Stunning! I'm in love with the cascading butterflies!

Proxxon Tools said...

thanks for playing along with the ColourArte challenge

Flowering Zinnia Slimline Card

Welcome crafty stampers to today's Craft Room Therapy.  Today we are going to create this stunning Flowering Zinnia Slimline Card. I lov...