27 August 2020

Stenciled Flamingo Card



Greetings!  Today I am so excited to share this stenciled watercolor technique I used to create this card.  I know previously I have shared how to create watercolor pieces using watercolor pencils, but this time I chose to try watercolor markers. 

Supplies needed

watercolor paper
Watercolor markers
water brush or paint brush and water
Cardstock
border punch


Start by securing your paper to your work space. 

Trace images from Clear Scraps 6" Flamingos Stencil using watercolor markers. I used a light pink on the top of my flamingo and a darker pink along the bottom of the flamingos. 


Using a water brush draw ink toward the inside of the flamingos . 


Draw in water with watercolor markers and blend with water brush. 


Draw in sandy shore and blend. 
Using the Clear Scraps 4 x 6 Pine Cone Stencil  and varying green watercolors markers, pine branches. 


Blend ink outward using your water brush to create palm leaves. 



Once dry, mat watercolor image onto pink card stock and then onto green card stock.  Border punch the edge of card stock and add to card base to finish. 

I hope you are excited to get creative with your stencils. 

No comments:

The Best Remedy Kit - Alternative Kit Ideas

Welcome crafty stampers to today's Craft Room Therapy.  Today I am sharing Alternate Card ideas created with the we are going to create ...