28 August 2020

Creating a Monochromatic Anniversary Card



Greetings today I am excited to share this monochromatic anniversary card I created.  This card features many different types of embellishments - paper tags, jute fibers, paper dolls, chipboard, foils and burlap flowers. And my ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever was perfect for all these embellishments! I wanted to create a monochromatic card so I chose all my supplies in a neutral Kraft tone.  I used brown inks to carry that color throughout the card. So let's gather our supplies!

Supplies needed
Other Supplies
Kraft card base, Distress Inks, Paper Dolls, jute, Kraft paper tag, script stamp, sentiment stamp, archival ink, raw chipboard

Antique your paper dolls by inking with distress ink.  You can see the difference the inking makes.  The large paper dolls are un-inked and the smaller ones are the ones I distressed. 

Stamp sentiment with coordinating ink onto your card base. 
Stamp a script stamp onto a kraft tag. Continue stamping to cover tag. 

Using ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever with No Clog Writing Cap add a little dab of glue.  let dry for a few seconds to "get Tacky" and add your jute bow with ScraPerfect's Embellie Gellie



Adhere tag to card base.


Draw 3 lines on the lower portion of tag and add ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever using the  No Clog Writing Cap. and let dry.  

Letting the glue dry is very important to get the best foiling.  you can see below that the glue is just starting to dry.  But you want the glue to dry to clear. 
You can see how it is almost dry below except for the one "white" area.  Just wait another minute or so. 
Now it is ready!  
Lay ScraPerfect's Transfer Foils over glue stripes and rub. 

Quickly remove the foil to reveal perfectly foiled lines. 

Adhere your chipboard pieces to card. 



Add your distress paper dolls. 
You can see here I had a little bit of glue ooze out. 
 I pounced my ScraPerfect's Perfect Crafting Pouch over the area to quickly remove the stickiness from the extra glue!
Add your burlap flowers to finish off your card. 

Just look at all those embellishments! 
I hope you are inspired to create with your favorite ScraPerfect products! 

No comments:

Stampin' Up! Sentimental Rose Card Kit alternate Creations - Part 3

  Welcome crafty stampers to today's Craft Room Therapy.  Today I am going to share 3 of the 10 additional cards I created using the Se...