11 May 2020

Garden Angel


Greetings! Today I am sharing this adorable Garden Angel I created!   When I was browsing through the Clear Scraps store I saw this beautiful Angel DIY Pallet  and just knew she couldn't wait until the holiday to be created with.  


So... I decided to make a garden angel for my back door. I just love how adorable she is!

To recreate this project you will need the following:

Clear Scraps Supplies
Other Supplies
Scrap paper (for tracing pattern) Patterned Paper, paint, adhesive,
jute, Distress Inks, Letter stickers, Crop-a-dile hole punch


Start by determining the "layout" for the angels dress. You can see I added faint pencil lines to show her dress. 


Trace angel from for the  bottom two pallets directly onto back side of patterned paper. 
For the top part of the pallet, trace dress shape and then cut from patterned paper.



Trace wings onto coordinating patterned paper.



Here is how she looks before I starting gluing anything down. 

Before gluing paint head in beige or flesh tones. Let dry. while head is drying, cut banners from Kraft cardstock. (roughly 2x3).  Using distress inks and 6 Inch Doily Stencil ink banners. 

 Add GARDEN letters onto banners.  Punch holes in each banner and tie together with jute.



Once head is dry, begin adhering your paper to your pallet.  I used ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever™ with ScraPerfect's No-Clog Writing Cap™.
Once angel is "dressed" punch holes in each side of wings and hang banner. (hint I made the ties long enough to be used  as the hanging tie as well.

I really hope you are inspired to try out the DIY Pallet shapes! 

No comments:

Stampin' Up! Sentimental Rose Card Kit Additional Cards Part 1

  Welcome crafty stampers to today's Craft Room Therapy.  Today I am sharing 3 of the 10 additional cards I created using the Sentiment...