10 January 2020

Mixed Media Skip the Gym Card


Happy January!  I assume many of you my be hitting the gym at this time of year, but this card is for those of you "skipping" the gym.

Mixed media doesn't have to be complicated, it just means you are using different medias (paint, ink, foils, markers,  punches etc ) all in the same project.  Warning!  This project contains a lot of steps, but only because I really wanted to break down the process for you. And I admit this project was inspired by a Seth Apter class I had just taken at my local scrapbook store.

I started by adding a dollop of paint onto watercolor paper. I then spread the paint over the paper.




I added a second color of paint and spread that color over the paper, leaving some of the first color showing through.

I repeated the process with a third color. 



You can see my finished project is a bit "sloppy"  which is perfect!  Set this background aside to dry.


Once the paint was dry, Trim to fit card base.  (save the scraps we will use them later!)  I pounced my ScraPerfect Perfect Crafting Pouch over the background.



 I inked my stamp with VersaMark and stamped randomly over background.
I then added embossing powder and heat embossed.  The Perfect Crafting Pouch helped to insure that embossing powder only went where it was supposed to go! 


  .
Next I wanted to create a peek-a-boo type window.  I used a "confetti" punch to punch circles onto a piece of card stock slightly smaller than my card base.



To attach my window, I created my own dimensional adhesive foam.  I cut scraps of craft foam and adhere with ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever. 


Add window to background.  You can see how this create that pop up window look.


Attach to card base using ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever. 




Stamp and fussy cut your gnome image.  Color as desired.




I really wanted this sleepy looking gnome to sparkle a bit.  I added ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever with my no-clog writing tip to the stripes on his cap.   Be sure to let the glue dry to clear for best results.

 Add ScraPerfect's Transfer Foils to gnome's hat.


Add sticker sentiments to scraps from background and add to card.


ScraPerfect's Embellie Gellie is perfect for picking up and placing all your little bits onto your cards.


 Add gnome with homemade dimensional tape  to finish!.
I hope you are inspired to get creative with ScraPerfect.

No comments:

Stampin' Up! Sentimental Rose Card Kit - Additional Creations Part 2

  Welcome crafty stampers to today's Craft Room Therapy.  Today I am going to share 3 of the 10 additional cards I created using the Se...