08 May 2015

The Robin's Nest DT Call


Today I am sharing a layout I created for The Robin's Nest Design Team Call.  I have always loved The Robin's Nest Products. They have a great online store at http://robinsnest-scrap.com/ By the time I found there call, there was not enough time for me to order and  they are currently hard to find locally as there is not a scrapbook store within 50 miles of my house.  I have used up any and all of their products that I did have except for  a few dew drops I have been saving.  So for my creation I choose papers that had a similar style and "feel" to them.

Supplies: 
Dream Street papers and rub-ons - Fresh Collection
Martha Stewart Punch
Petaloo- Color Me Crazy flowers
Ranger Sepia Ink
Beacon adhesives
Scotch ATG tape runner
Copic # E37
Spectrum Noir # EB8
American Craft Letters

To create this layout I started by tamped the "sequence waste" stamp in multple locations on my back ground paper. 
                               


 I then trimmed a 3 inch piece of striped paper to then two 1/2 inch strips of green patterned paper and adhered all of those pieces to the right hand side of my background. 


 I then matted the background piece onto a piece of brown glitter cardstock.


 I then s matted my photos onto green patterned paper. .  I decided that there was just not enough  'pop' with the green paper, so I matted the photos again with the brown glitter cardstock.




I decided to add a punched edge to my photo mattes.

                                                 
I then used my Twinkling H2Os to paint my flowers 

I also used the twinkling H2Os to paint the center of the flowers on the background paper.



I then added some coordinating rubon's to the upper corner and above the flowers in the bottom left corner. 


I then added the flowers and the dew drops to the center of the flowers and to the centers of the flowers on the cardstock.  I created my title using one of my favorite "stash stretcher" techniques.  I buy most of my letters only in neutral colors such as white, kraft, black or brown.  If I need a different color I recolor the white or the kraft letters.  You can see below how I used 2 different brown to recolor the kraft letters. 


And here is the end result once again!  I hope you enjoyed the process!

                                    

4 comments:

Beeceecreativity said...

super page. Great colours, design and fun accents. Best of luck

LisaM said...

Awesome page Chris!

Proxxon Tools said...

pretty layout, thanks for your interest in a part of the Robin Nest DT

Unknown said...

Cute page! BL

Bee Happy Bumble Bee Card

  . Welcome crafty stampers to today's Craft Room Therapy.  Today we are going to create  this adorable Bee Happy Bumble Bee Card. This ...