17 January 2022

Use Your Wings - Art Jounaling




Greetings!  Today I am excited to share this newest addition to my 2022 art journal! This page was so fun to create and has so many fun textures! My Inspiration title for this page is USE YOUR WINGS!  To remind ME that it's OK to step outside my comfort zone and just play!    For more information on my journal you can check out other posts on  my blog

Blank Page Muse Supplies 

Hearts Stencil designed by Magda Polakow

Vintage Mannequin Dress Form Lace Fan Butterfly Pattern Tags Rubber Stamp Set



Other Supplies

Embossing Folder, Black Card Stock, graph grid paper or note card, Loose weave burlap trim, Light modeling paste, black paint, wax-blue patina, bronze, black ink, copper ink, mod podge, Sentiment chipboard, Mixed media paper, water color markers


Start by cutting your mixed media paper to fit your journal.  Adhere your loose weave burlap to the left side of your page. 

Using your Hearts Stencil designed by Magda Polakow and light modeling paste.  Just look at that texture!!!!   Let dry.  You can speed up the process with a heat gun.  THe modeling paste has to be just dry enough you can't see your finger impressions in it. 


Paint your page with black paint.  I love that the black paint seemed to "re-activate" my my modeling paste and the hearts picked up the burlap texture too! 



Emboss a scrap piece of black card stock.  Tear your edges and adhere to your page. 



Add waxes to your page as desired.  Waxes are fun but a little messy!  But they are awesome for highlighting textures! 

                       


Stamp your Vintage Mannequin Dress Form Lace Fan Butterfly Pattern Tags Rubber Stamp Set onto graph paper or use graph ruled note cards like I did!


Color your image with watercolor markers. Cut out your Mannequin. 

Stamp Classic Spark Rubber Stamp set onto black card stock with copper ink.  Cut out your wings. 


Add Mannequin and wings to your page and finish off with your Chipboard Inspirational quote. 


 I hope you are inspired to create your own art journaling page! 

No comments:

Meandering Meadows Panel Card

  Today I am sharing this Panel Card I created with Meandering Meadows from Stampin' Up!.  These papers are so stunning! The 6x6 paper s...